2019 Fall Heavy Garbage Pickup Schedule
Download here or view below.
Residential Heavy Garbage Pickup
- Streets and roads will only be visited
- No more than 20 ITEMS per household. For example, an item could be a bag, box or appliance.
- Collectors ARE NOT responsible for cleaning up small debris that may remain following collection.
- Any material that has been placed curbside AFTER resident’s regular collection day will not be collected.
- Items must be left curbside; no more than 10 feet from the road.
- It is recommended doors on a refrigerator and a deep freezer is removed and placed next to the refrigerator or deep freezer curbside.
- Residents ARE RESPONSIBLE for removing all items not accepted for heavy garbage collection from the curb.
- Fishing gear (ropes & netting) must be bagged.
- Material should be placed curbside NO EARLIER THAN TWO DAY PRIOR to resident’s regular collection day.
- Material such as mattresses, couches, chairs need to be covered.
- Staff will not remove items from trailers or trucks.
- Please DO NOT keep important or valuable items not intended for collection near your heavy garbage pile. Items mistakenly taken during this collection are not the responsibility of the Department of Infrastructure and Emergency Services.
Items Not For Heavy Collection:
- Any single item weighing greater than seventy-five (75lbs) pounds.
- Vehicle tires or automobile parts. Used tires that are clean and off rims can be returned to the Kenloch Transfer Station.
- Televisions, computers and other electronics.
- Paint is to be disposed of at the ENVIRO-DEPOT. Paint must be in its original container, tightly sealed with the labels affixed.
- Clothing – Please donate.
- Leaf or Yard Waste.
- Blue bags will NOT be collected during this week.
- Material will be left if it is wet and/or placed curbside longer than 2 days prior to collection day.
- Construction & Demolition materials – siding, windows, gyprock, shingles, etc.
Garbage Collection Routes
Week of October 21st – South Inverness
Monday: Route 19 (Judique North to Creignish) Hillsdale, Centennial, Chisholm Rd., MacLean Rd., Route 19 (Creignish to Port Hastings) General Line
Tuesday: Princeville, Long Stretch Rd., Pleasant Hill, Charles MacLean Rd., Route 19 (Cleveland to Port Hawkesbury), S.S. River Denys, Crandall Rd., West Bay Rd.
Wednesday: Port Hastings, TCH (Port Hastings to Orangedale Rd.), Maclntyre Mtn. Rd.
Thursday: West Bay, Marble Mtn., Orangedale, Alba
Week of October 28th – Central Inverness
Monday: Inverness, Foot Cape, Broad Cove Banks, Strathlorne
Tuesday: Port Hood, Route 19 (Mabou to Judique North), Shore Road (Port Hood to Judique), West Mabou to Carmen Campbell’s (Hunters Rd)
Wednesday: Inverness to Dunvegan, East and West Lake Ainslie
Thursday: Whycocomagh, TCH to County line, Little Narrows Road, Whycocomagh to Mabou, West Mabou Colindale, Black River
Friday: Mabou, Mabou Harbour, Glencoe Station, Glencoe Mills, Mabou Ridge
Week of November 4th – North Inverness
Monday: Shore Road, Margaree Harbour-Dunvegan-Margaree Forks, S.W. Margaree to Scotsville
Tuesday: Margaree Forks to County Line, Egypt Rd. Margaree Valley, Margaree Center, Big Intervale
Wednesday: Chéticamp Island, Grand Étang, St.-Joseph-du-Moine, Belle Cote, E. Margaree
Thursday: Petit Étang, Belle Marche, Plateau
Friday: Chéticamp, Pleasant Bay
November 1, 2022
Municipality Launches Clean Energy Financing Program INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI –The Municipality of the County of…
September 23, 2022
September 16, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 16, 2022 Municipal Offices Closed Monday September 19 INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI…