A Community that can Support your Business's Needs
Inverness County is home to a population of 18,162 where the average age of residents is 44. With over 27% of its population under the age of 25 and almost 20% between the ages of 25 and 44 Inverness County has the workforce required by businesses looking to invest in the area or for businesses looking to grow.
Home to a Skilled and Diverse Workforce
Inverness County is home to a labour force of almost 9,166 workers across a wide range of industries and occupations. The county’s strength is in the agriculture, forestry, fishing, and hunting sector, as well as retail and health care services. These three sectors employ 3,330 people, one third of the local labour force. This will provide businesses with a clear competitive advantage when sourcing local workers.
Over half of the population has some form of post-secondary education:
- 23% – College level certificate or diploma
- 13% – University certificate, diploma or degree
- 18% – Apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma
Key areas of study:
- 31% – Architecture, engineering, and related technologies
- 24% – Business, management and public administration
- 2% – Agriculture, natural resources and conservation
The labour force in Inverness County has a natural talent for hospitality. Our staff is naturally able to provide a genuine and friendly service to our customers. They are the face of Cabot Links and key to the experience we provide.
Director of Marketing and Sales & Communications, Cabot Links