Fall 2021 Heavy Garbage Schedule
Week of November 15 – South Inverness
|Communities and areas surrounding: Highway 19 Judique North to Port Hastings, Port Hastings, Hillsdale, Highway 105 Port Hastings to Cleveland, North and South Side River Denys, Crandall Rd, Marble Mountain, Orangedale, Iona, Alba, Portage Rd.
Please note: There will be no recycling pickup during your heavy garbage week.
- Items small enough for regular collection should not be placed with heavy garbage.
- Streets and roads will only be visited
- No more than 20 ITEMS per household. For example, an item could be a bag, box or appliance.
- Collectors ARE NOT responsible for cleaning up small debris that may remain following collection.
- Items must be left curbside no more than 10 feet from the road.
- It is recommended doors on a refrigerator and a deep freezer be removed and placed next to the refrigerator or deep freezer curbside.
- Residents ARE RESPONSIBLE for removing all items not accepted for heavy garbage collection from the curb.
- Material such as mattresses, couches, chairs need to be covered.
- Staff will not remove items from trailers or trucks.
- Please DO NOT keep important or valuable items not intended for collection near your heavy garbage pile. Items mistakenly taken during this collection are not the responsibility of the Municipality.
Items Not for Heavy Collection:
- Any single item weighing greater than seventy-five (75lbs) pounds.
- Vehicle tires or automobile parts. Used tires must be returned to a tire retailer for disposal.
- Televisions, computers, and other electronics must be returned to Strathlorne Recycling.
- Paint is to be disposed of at the ENVIRO-DEPOT.
- Clothing not accepted.
- Leaf or yard waste.
- Fishing rope, netting and traps.
- Material will not be picked up if it is wet and/or dangerous.
- Construction & demolition materials like siding, windows, gyprock, shingles, etc.
December 1, 2021
Congratulations, Sally Smith! The Mabou New Horizons Seniors Club are proud to nominate Sally Smith…
November 25, 2021
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is accepting Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for contractor…
November 24, 2021
Congratulations, Wayne Skinner! The West Bay Road & District Volunteer Fire Department are happy to…