Title: Accessibility Coordinator
Reports to: Manager of Recreation and Community Wellness
Department: Recreation and Community Wellness
Location: Port Hood, NS
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking an outgoing and organized candidate to serve as the Accessibility & Office Coordinator. This position is responsible for facilitating the Municipal Accessibility Plan. The Accessibility Coordinator will work with Municipal staff and Accessibility Advisory Committee to ensure that Municipal properties are accessible and in compliance with the Province of Nova Scotia Accessibility Act. The Accessibility Coordinator will provide a point of access for public inquires regarding issues of compliance and other resident concerns.
- Serve as primary contact for all stakeholder inquiries.
- Work cooperatively with Community Accessibility Committee.
- Attend provincial information and training sessions provided by Accessibility Directorate.
- Adhere to reporting requirements of the Provincial Accessibility Directorate.
- Strategy development and document preparation
- Maintain records of meetings and activities in support of funding programs.
- Comfortable speaking in public and engaging with Municipal residents in person, on the phone or over social media.
- Able to lead groups to a common end goal, able to track performance against targets and report on progress.
- This is a dynamic position and there are other duties that may be assigned.
- Such professionals hold bachelor’s degrees and should be intimately familiar with the Nova Scotia Accessibility Act.
- Clean drivers abstract and access to reliable vehicle.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and social media communication.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction and maintain records as assigned.
To apply for this position, forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Friday, July 9, 2021.
July 26, 2021
Congratulations, Semi Larade! The Lemoine Development Association is pleased to nominate Semi Larade as our…
July 19, 2021
Congratulations, Carolyn Janega! The Strait Richmond Palliative Care Society is happy to nominate Carolyn Janega…
July 12, 2021
Congratulations, Alice Gowans! North Mountain Cultural & Recreation Association is pleased to nominate Alice Gowans…