Graphic and Layout Designer – Participaper (12 Month Contract)
Title: Graphic and Layout Designer, Participaper (12-month Contract – Compensation based on a per issue basis)
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief, Participaper
Location: Remote work and/or Port Hood, NS
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is searching for a talented graphic and layout designer to join the Participaper team. As a graphic and layout designer, the successful candidate will create eye-catching media for printed pages and screens. They will ensure that the text, images, and media is perfectly balanced on the page to ensure a pleasant reading experience and should have natural eye for composition, and artistic flair.
- Generate story ideas in collaboration with Municipal staff and community volunteers.
- Conduct interviews and take photos when necessary.
- Design content, appearance, and layout of the Participaper.
- Brainstorm new page ideas to incorporate advertisements naturally into the text.
- Arrange page elements for screens and printed media.
- Determine text and image size for each page.
- Review successful campaigns and adjust layout accordingly.
- Meet with writers and artists to discuss features, layouts, and artwork.
- Comply with media law and industry regulations.
- Actively raise the profile of the publication.
- Help complete strategic plan for the Participaper with ideas for new features, design, layout, funding avenues, and cross-media promotion tactics.
- Assist staff to meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or similar.
- 1+ years of experience as a layout designer or graphic designer.
- Proficiency with industry desktop publishing tools including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Excellent composition and visual design skills.
- A deep understanding of typography principals.
- Artistic and drawing skills.
- Advanced proofreading skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply for this position, forward your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
July 26, 2021
Congratulations, Semi Larade! The Lemoine Development Association is pleased to nominate Semi Larade as our…
July 19, 2021
Congratulations, Carolyn Janega! The Strait Richmond Palliative Care Society is happy to nominate Carolyn Janega…
July 12, 2021
Congratulations, Alice Gowans! North Mountain Cultural & Recreation Association is pleased to nominate Alice Gowans…