Inverness County Festival & Events Promoter(s)
3 Positions Available
Are you creative, have a passion for sport, recreation, and community festivals and events?
Are you passionate about social media, content, and influencer marketing? Are you looking for the opportunity to dive into community engagement with Instagram and Facebook while exploring beautiful Inverness County? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Municipality of the County of Inverness’s Recreation & Tourism Department is looking for outgoing, energetic, and mature students to join the Summer Festivals & Events Team! The team will have the exciting opportunity to travel throughout Inverness County to promote and market special events.
The ideal candidate(s) must:
- Possess a strong ability to communicate.
- Have experience with social media and graphic design and enjoy taking photographs.
- Demonstrate an energetic personality and be open to communicating exciting Inverness County summer events.
- Be organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create engaging and shareable social media content that aligns with the Canada’s Musical Coast Brand.
- Be willing to work weekends and occasional evenings.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle (travel expenses will be covered).
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Research, produce, and implement a social media summer campaign, aimed at increasing online engagement and growing an audience.
- Supervise social media content by responding to comments and inquiries, as well as monitoring postings and activities made by followers.
- Travel to different Inverness County communities, attending events to post live content and capture media and photographs.
- Be our brand voice on social media.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Please send a copy of your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for the team to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on May 31st, 2019.
May 22, 2019
[caption id="attachment_3161" align="aligncenter" width="413"] Safety award honourees including Municipality OHS Specialist Erin Gillis (far…
May 22, 2019
INVERNESS, N.S. – Craigmore native and current Margaree resident Joan MacLellan is to retire soon…
May 9, 2019
Download and print the new Recycling Sorting Sheet now. For landfill and transfer station hours…