Parenting Journey Home Visitor
Cape Breton Family Resource Coalition
The mandate of the Cape Breton Family Resource Coalition is “families working together to build healthier families”. We work to enhance the health and well being of families with young children (newborn to sixteen years of age, along with expectant parents). We are currently seeking highly motivated, self-directed applicants who are interested in becoming part of our Island-wide team, working in an accepting, non-judgmental work environment.
Family Place values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Family Place are based on Employer needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Family Place encourages applications of all ages. Family Place will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Family Place policy requires that the successful candidates be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Parenting Journey Home Visitor (1) – Full Time – Inverness County; and
Parenting Journey Home Visitor (1) – Full Time – Port Hawkesbury/Richmond County
Community Home Visitors perform duties to support the goals and objectives of the organization’s Parenting Journey program within the defined catchment area. The Community Home Visitor plans and facilitates both home-based and community-based programs and services. The main focus of the work is the provision of a home visiting program for parents with children and youth from ages three to sixteen years. The preparation of individual family support plans and following through on these plans is central to the work. Staff may offer group programs within the community. These programs may include play groups, reading programs, parenting programs and/or other programs. Making appropriate referrals is a key part of this program which also includes administrative duties as well as program promotion work.
- Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Previous experience working with or connecting with families with young children and/or adolescents
- Knowledge of government and community-based programs and services that relate to the intended population’s needs
- A willingness to become certified in safe food handling, WHMIS, Emergency First Aid and Infant/Child CPR
- Skills and Abilities
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Capacity to work in both English and French
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization, time and general management skills
- Ability to work effectively with participants and volunteers
- Non-judgmental and accepting attitude
- Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Expressed interest to work with families living in difficult life circumstances
- Basic computer literacy
- Accurate record keeping abilities, including collaborative development and maintenance of family plans
- Good decision-making skills
This position requires:
- The ability to function both independently and collaboratively
- The ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including evenings and occasional weekends
- The ability and willingness to travel
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry checks and Police Checks
- Access to reliable transportation
- Packing, lifting, setting up and closing up of community-based program related materials.
Salary: $18.98 per hour.
All applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter or resume that they meet essential qualifications of education and experience in order to be considered for further assessment. Please forward cover letter, resume, and three references electronically, in Word format, to Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2021 – 4:30 p.m.
December 1, 2021
Congratulations, Sally Smith! The Mabou New Horizons Seniors Club are proud to nominate Sally Smith…
November 25, 2021
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is accepting Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for contractor…
November 24, 2021
Congratulations, Wayne Skinner! The West Bay Road & District Volunteer Fire Department are happy to…