Recreation Summer Student Coordinator
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking an individual to join the Recreation & Community Wellness Department. This Recreation Summer Student Coordinator position is supported through the Canada Summer Jobs program. The Recreation Summer Student Coordinator will lead the Summer Student team and work alongside the Recreation & Community Wellness Department staff in the delivery of recreation & leisure program within the County of Inverness. Travel within the Municipality will be required and, occasionally, regional and provincial travel may occur.
- Promote safe recreation experiences within the County.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
- Lead groups and individuals in recreation and leisure programming.
- Assemble and sanitize supplies, sports, and game equipment.
- Manage and maintain Summer Equipment Rental program.
- Complete data entry within Book Kings software program (training to be provided).
- Support Community Wellness initiatives.
- Virtual program development & Social Media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Post-Secondary student. Preferably a degree in Recreation Management, Kinesiology, Education or a combination of degree and experience.
- Must live within the geographic boundaries of the Municipality of the County of Inverness.
- Applicants for the position must be a mature, responsible person, who is performance-orientated and can work independently.
- At least one hundred (100) hours of proven experience in developing and organizing recreation programs through a variety of delivery methods for a diverse demographic of participants.
- At least twenty-five (25) hours of proven experience in the supervision of paid and/or volunteer staff, including the scheduling, guiding and direction of staff.
- Must have First Aid and CPR certification.
- Class 5 Driver’s License and full access to a vehicle (travel will be reimbursed).
- Team player who works well with others.
- Experience and interest in hiking, sport, and physical activities.
- Training, knowledge, and certification in High Five, Fundamental Movement Skills, Stand Up Paddle, OCC Field-leader training, NLS National Lifeguard and Wilderness First Aid are considered an asset.
Closing Date: Monday, May 23rd, 2022 at 4:00pm.
To apply for this position, forward your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 18, 2022
Congratulations, Gerard AuCoin! The Cheticamp Kinsmen Club is pleased and honoured to nominate Kinsman Gerard…
May 16, 2022
L'élection municipale spéciale du conseiller du district 2 aura lieu le samedi 4 juin 2022.…
May 16, 2022
The Special Municipal Election for District 2 Councillor will be held on Saturday, June 4th,…