Recycling Line Sorter
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is currently looking to fill the position of a Casual Recycling Line Sorter. The position will report to the Recycling Facility Foreman.
Brief Job Description
The Recycling Line Sorter will be required to hand separate recyclables from the blue bags and place in the proper stream and remove unacceptable material from the line to ensure the quality of the recyclable product. The Recycling Line Sorter will also be required to assist with baling the recycled product to prepare it for market. Other duties shall include daily clean up, assisting public drop offs, and any other tasks as deemed necessary by the recycling foreman, public works supervisor, or the director of public works.
- Perform duties in compliance with all municipal, provincial, and federal regulations and organizational policies
- Sort material on the recycling line
- Distinguish between various recyclable materials
- Safety conscious
- Reliable and attend each shift on time as needed
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends
- Ability to work in various conditions with exposure to weather elements
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Valid certification in WHMIS, and/or First Aid would be considered an asset.
To apply for this position, forward your application in confidence to:
December 4, 2017
By-Law 13 has not been revised since August 7th, 2001. Inverness County Council is in…
November 16, 2017
Your input is needed! What would improve walking and cycling conditions in Inverness County? A…
November 14, 2017
We are so proud and excited that another beautiful tree from Inverness County, Cape Breton…