Seniors Safety Officer
Title: Seniors Safety Officer
Reports to: Manager of Recreation and Community Wellness
Department: Recreation and Community Wellness
Location: Port Hood, NS
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking a community focussed, energetic individual to take on the role of the Seniors Safety Officer. This position will address the safety concerns of Inverness County seniors by promoting education, and awareness, about senior’s abuse prevention, crime prevention, and safety and health issues. The Seniors Safety Officer will provide a point of access for public inquires regarding senior’s safety issues and resident concerns.
- Promote information to seniors through education sessions about senior’s abuse prevention, crime prevention, and general safety and health issues for seniors.
- Implement a variety of senior’s safety program.
- Secure funding towards senior’s safety programming including Seniors Pendant Program and Safe Haven Community Hubs programs.
- Provide navigation assistance for seniors looking to access seniors support services, health and wellness programs and services.
- Work closely with community partners with local RCMP and larger provincial network of local provincial, and federal partnering agencies.
- Provide direction and support to seniors through visits, telephone calls or communications of their choice to help address and provide information about their concerns and help them make informed decisions.
- Host Seniors Safety awareness events within the County.
- Accept and provide service referrals from and to network partners.
- Work with Seniors Secretariat towards implementation of new programs and initiatives that support seniors throughout the County.
- This is a dynamic position and there are other duties that may be assigned.
- A post secondary education in community development, social science, or human services
- A minimum of two years of job and volunteer related experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract required.
- Must be able to work cooperatively as well as independently.
To apply for this position, forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Friday, July 9, 2021.
July 26, 2021
Congratulations, Semi Larade! The Lemoine Development Association is pleased to nominate Semi Larade as our…
July 19, 2021
Congratulations, Carolyn Janega! The Strait Richmond Palliative Care Society is happy to nominate Carolyn Janega…
July 12, 2021
Congratulations, Alice Gowans! North Mountain Cultural & Recreation Association is pleased to nominate Alice Gowans…