Special Projects Facilitator
Title: Special Projects Facilitator
Reports to: Special Projects Manager
Department: Special Projects
Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking a highly organized and collaborative member of the project management team. The successful Municipal team member will be a strong project leader, capable of guiding dynamic, cross functional teams to achieve outcomes. The Special Projects Facilitator will be able to demonstrate commitment to the contributions of the community sector and will have exceptional problem solving, strategic thinking, communication, facilitation, advanced writing and editing skills, fund generation (grant writing), budgetary, funding assembly, network, and partnership management skills.
Principle responsibilities will be to facilitate community and Municipal level planning, organization, control, and evaluation of small to medium scale projects from award to completion according to set schedules, specifications, shared priorities, safety standards and budgetary considerations. The successful team member will facilitation exercises to generate discussion and gain consensus on established project priorities/objectives and will be expected to identify scope changes, risks and other issues that may delay project completion or timelines.
The successful candidate will have superior organizational, communication, problem-solving, writing, time management, and coordination skills with a strong track record of successfully managing competing priorities against multiple deadlines with diverse stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Consult with all stakeholders to translate a project idea into a defined project with goals, objectives, scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the project scope, and objectives and confirm the commitments, assumptions, and constraints.
- Work effectively with project partners, internal resources and/or third parties/vendors to support projects.
- Prepare the detailed project plans.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards.
- Drive the execution of project plans, direct and monitor work efforts, perform quality reviews, ensure issue resolution, and escalate issues as needed.
- Track key project milestones, adjust project plans and/or resources, as necessary.
- Prepare relevant status reports for meetings (reflecting schedule and budget), adhere to standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Manage vendor relationships during the project and adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed based on communication between all stakeholders.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with clients, key stakeholders, and the project team.
- Develop and implement communication and reporting mechanisms to manage issues, risks, and timely delivery of results.
- Drive the communication with all stakeholders on matters that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the project.
- Complete final project report, providing summary on overall delivery and budget.
- Contribute to enhancing the performance of a process or an activity.
- Assists in creating the conditions to promote improvement, innovation and related tools and organize best practices sharing.
- Identify, analyse, align, research, and apply for funding opportunities to offset investment costs of priorities.
- Assist in the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, including change orders and additions to contractual agreements.
- Ensure all project-related documents are maintained and produced in a timely fashion.
- Be committed to the contributions of the community sector.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration and monitoring of grant funds including creation of project budgets and tracking tools.
- Produce and report detailed metrics for each grant received.
- Minimum of 3-5- years experience working or volunteering in the community sector.
- Facilitation training and experience is necessary.
- Certification(s) in Project Management or Program Management.
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum/waterfall).
- Financial management experience including the preparation of large and complex multi-year operating and capital budgets, forecasting, expenditure management and the development and implementation of capacity building programs and strategies.
- Demonstrated strength in the ability to foster innovation, develop and communicate strategic direction, goals, and objectives.
- Minimum University degree in a related field (Planning, Business Management, Municipal Administration, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, other credentials, and related experience.
- Proven successful and extensive fund procurement and reporting experience, a minimum of three years related experience including grant writing and project administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate professionally both in written form and orally and the ability to demonstrate advanced writing and editing skills.
- Willingness to learn in a team-based and collaborative environment.
- Exceptional networking and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- In depth knowledge of and experience working with non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility with a capacity to respond to changing priorities.
- Strategic planning, problem solving and analytical reasoning skills.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and expenditures.
- Proven leadership skills.
- MS Office intermediate to expert knowledge.
- Ability to be a self-starter and be comfortable with remote work.
- Experience with policies and procedures.
- Facilitation skills.
To apply for this position, forward your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Friday, June 25, 2021.
June 14, 2021
Congratulations, Wilson Cameron! Five separate groups maintain the beautiful Celtic Shores Coastal Trail from Port…
June 7, 2021
Proposed Adoption of By-Law for the Municipality of the County of Inverness PLEASE TAKE NOTICE…
June 7, 2021
Congratulations, Betty Lou Beaton! The Stella Maris Ladies Auxiliary, Creignish wishes to recognize Betty Lou…