Tourism Development Coordinator – 10-month term
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking an individual to join the Department of Tourism & Culture team. Core responsibilities include effective marketing and promotion of Inverness County, in accordance with the recommendations in the municipal tourism strategy. The initial implementation of recommendations outlined in the 2017 Inverness County tourism strategy are underway, along with the launch of our new brand, Canada’s Musical Coast. Additional priorities include a new coastal experience signage program and working with communities to enhance trails, beaches and harbour locations. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Tourism & Culture and be responsible for building and fostering relationships, while working with stakeholders, other tourism organizations, visitors, volunteers, sector employees and partners and other Municipal Departments to promote all the County has to offer. This individual should be familiar with Destination Cape Breton Association, Tourism Nova Scotia and have experience in event coordination and promotions.
- Advocate for the advancement of the tourism strategy and projects (marketing & capital enhancements)
- Work closely with community stakeholders, both corporate and volunteer, municipal staff, neighbouring municipalities, and consultants assigned to projects.
- Keep abreast of tourism research and trends, build relationships with industry partners such as Destination Cape Breton Association (“DCBA”), Tourism NS, neighbouring municipal units and community cultural organizations.
- Manage day-to-day functions as related to ongoing tourism projects, including organizing meetings, monthly reports, communication with tourism industry and government staff, and community volunteer organizations.
- Lead in coordinating/developing, posting, and managing content for tourism and municipal websites and social media platforms, including the scheduling photo/video for additional promotional campaigns and blogs.
- Represent the interests of the department related to tourism and culture at meetings and forums held locally and regionally.
- Assist with coordination of annual festival and event information for website, as well as, using brochures, flyers, advertisements, and digital marketing outreach.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of summer employee positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Training, preferably in marketing and/or communications or business, and/or three years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Related marketing training, strong social media marketing skills, content creation/management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook; Facebook and Instagram.
- Strong communication skills, effective verbal and written skills including telephone etiquette.
- Excellent organization, time, and general management skills.
- Display appropriate analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Willingness to adjust work schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality in all aspects relating to the duties and responsibilities of the
- Collaborative, creative, solutions focused and challenging the status quo.
- A good understanding of the geography of Inverness County and the region of Cape Breton Island, its key tourism partners, and an in-depth understanding of the challenges facing the industry.
Closing Date: Friday, May 20th, 2022 at 4:00pm
To apply for this position, forward your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 18, 2022
Congratulations, Gerard AuCoin! The Cheticamp Kinsmen Club is pleased and honoured to nominate Kinsman Gerard…
May 16, 2022
L'élection municipale spéciale du conseiller du district 2 aura lieu le samedi 4 juin 2022.…
May 16, 2022
The Special Municipal Election for District 2 Councillor will be held on Saturday, June 4th,…