Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board Notice of Public Hearing
THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF INVERNESS, on behalf of its WATER UTILITY, has made an Application to the Board for Approval of Amendments to its Schedule of Rates and Charges for Water and Water Services and Amendments to its Schedule of Rules and Regulations and for Approval to combine the Cheticamp Water Utility with the Inverness Water Utility.
This matter will be considered in a public hearing as follows:
Hearing starts: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 – 11:00 a.m.
Hearing Location: Port Hood Fire Hall, 304 Main Street, Port Hood, Nova Scotia
Board Hearings are open to the public and you may participate as follows:
- You may speak at the hearing. You must notify the Board by Thursday, April 5, 2018
- You may make written comments by sending a letter to the Clerk of the Board at P.O. Box 1692, Unit “M”, Halifax, NS B3J 3S3, or by email at: email@example.com, or by fax at (902) 424-3919 by Thursday, April 5, 2018
- You may request formal standing as an Intervener, subject to Board approval. This will allow you to present evidence or cross-examine witnesses. Your request must be received by the Board by Friday, February 2, 2018 and a copy of your written evidence by Monday, March 5, 2018
Additional information about the matter is as follows:
- In 2018/19, for the current Cheticamp Water Utility customers, the 5/8” meter, residential customer, current quarterly average water bill of $95.39 is proposed to decrease to $80.78 (a 15.3% decrease). For other meter sizes, it is proposed that quarterly average water bills will decrease between 9.8% to 11.6%.
- In 2018/19, for the current Inverness County Water Utility customers, the current unmetered quarterly water bill is $93.29 and it is proposed to increase to $110.26 (an 18.2% increase). The 5/8” meter, residential customer, current quarterly average water bill of $68.07 is proposed to increase to $80.78 (an 18.7% increase). For other meter sizes, it is proposed that quarterly average water bills will increase between 18.3% to 19.9%.
- The average quarterly rates for the proposed amalgamated Utility, consisting of current Cheticamp and Inverness County Water Utility customers, for a 5/8” meter, residential customer, are proposed to increase from $80.78 in 2018/19 to $89.01 (a 10.2% increase) in 2019/20; and $97.99 (a 10.1% increase) in 2020/21. The proposed increases for the other metered services ranges from 8.6% to 11.2% in 2019/20; and 7.8% to 11.1% in 2020/21.
- For unmetered customers, the quarterly water bill is proposed to increase from $110.26 in 2018/19 to $120.12 (an 8.9% increase) in 2019/20; and $130.81 (an 8.9% increase) in 2020/21.
- The annual public fire protection charge, paid by the Municipality of the County of Inverness, currently $202,175, is proposed to increase to $205,000 (a 1.4% increase) in 2018/19; $208,000 (a 1.5% increase) in 2019/20; and $216,629 (a 4.1% increase) in 2020/21.
Upon reviewing the Application, the Board, in its Decision, may determine that the proposed amendments should be as requested, higher, or lower.
A copy of the Application/Appeal and any timetable applying to this matter may be viewed at the Offices of the Board, Summit Place, 1601 Lower Water Street, 3rd Floor, Halifax, NS, or on the Board’s website at http://nsuarb.novascotia.ca/, by clicking on “Matters & Evidence”, and in the “Go Directly to Matter” search box, enter Matter No. M08470, and at the Municipality of the County of Inverness, 375 Main Street, Port Hood, Nova Scotia
January 31, 2018
THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF INVERNESS, on behalf of its WATER UTILITY, has…
January 18, 2018
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is pleased to announce that Keith MacDonald, the…
December 4, 2017
By-Law 13 has not been revised since August 7th, 2001. Inverness County Council is in…