Volunteer Opportunity: Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking one (1) member of the public to serve on the Municipality’s newly formed Accessibility Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the Municipality’s Accessibility Advisory Committee is to provide advice to Council on identifying, preventing, and eliminating accessibility barriers to people with disabilities in municipal programs, services, initiatives, and facilities.
The Accessibility Advisory Committee will play a pivotal role in helping the Municipality become an accessible community and meet its obligations under the Accessibility Act.
- One (1) member of the public must be appointed to the Accessibility Advisory Committee, for a term of three (3) years;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Inverness for at least the last six (6) months before making an application and must continue to be a resident of the Municipality throughout the term of the appointment;
- Must not be ineligible for an appointment pursuant to the Municipality’s Public Appointment Policy;
- All members of the Accessibility Advisory Committee shall serve without pay; and
- The Accessibility Advisory Committee must meet at least six (6) times per year, or otherwise as needed to fulfill its duties.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, November 19th, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please call 902-787-3501.
October 14, 2021
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking one (1) member of the public…
October 13, 2021
The Municipality of the County of Inverness invites tender bids for the following items: Lot…
October 12, 2021
Congratulations, Bruce Miller! Margaree Area Development Association is pleased to nominate Bruce Miller as their…