Volunteer Opportunity: Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking one (1) member of the public to serve on the Municipality’s newly formed Accessibility Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the Municipality’s Accessibility Advisory Committee is to provide advice to Council on identifying, preventing, and eliminating accessibility barriers to people with disabilities in municipal programs, services, initiatives, and facilities.
The Accessibility Advisory Committee will play a pivotal role in helping the Municipality become an accessible community and meet its obligations under the Accessibility Act.
- One (1) member of the public must be appointed to the Accessibility Advisory Committee, for a term of three (3) years;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Inverness for at least the last six (6) months before making an application and must continue to be a resident of the Municipality throughout the term of the appointment;
- Must not be ineligible for an appointment pursuant to the Municipality’s Public Appointment Policy;
- All members of the Accessibility Advisory Committee shall serve without pay; and
- The Accessibility Advisory Committee must meet at least six (6) times per year, or otherwise as needed to fulfill its duties.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, November 19th, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please call 902-787-3501.
January 25, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 25th, 2022 Municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee Seeking Feedback INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI…
January 18, 2022
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking one resident from the…
January 14, 2022
The Port Hood Administration office will remain closed to the public for the weeks of…