Volunteer Opportunity: Audit Committee
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking one resident from the Municipality of the County of Inverness to serve as a member on the Audit Committee. The member at large will sit for a two-year term. The audit committee acts as an advisory board carrying out critical review functions on behalf of council/commission. The primary function of the Audit Committee is to assist the Municipality of the County of Inverness in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities related
to quality and integrity of financial reporting along with ensuring the appropriate systems and controls for the proper recording of transaction and protection of assets are in place.
- One (1) member of the public must be appointed to the Audit Advisory Committee, for a term of two (2) years;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Cannot be related to a member of Council or to an employee of the Municipality of the County of Inverness;
- Must be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Inverness for at least the last six (6) months before making an application and must continue to be a resident of the Municipality throughout the term of the appointment;
- Must not be ineligible for an appointment pursuant to the Municipality’s Public Appointment Policy;
- All members of the Audit Committee shall serve without pay; and
- The Audit Committee must meet at least six (6) times per fiscal year, or otherwise as needed to fulfill its duties.
Letters of application will be received from residents of the Municipality by the until 12:00 p.m. (noon) on January 26, 2022. Letters of application should include a brief biography of the individual and information on skills or assets that will be useful to the Audit Committee. Experience with municipal government will be considered an asset. Applicants must provide three professional and/or volunteer related references with their application.
To review the Audit Committee Terms of Reference, visit: https://invernesscounty.ca/government/policies-a-z/
To complete the application, visit: https://invernesscounty.ca/eservices/forms-a-z/
November 1, 2022
Municipality Launches Clean Energy Financing Program INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI –The Municipality of the County of…
September 23, 2022
September 16, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 16, 2022 Municipal Offices Closed Monday September 19 INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI…