Call for Municipal Election Support Workers
The Municipality of the County of Inverness seeks Deputy Returning Officers, Poll Clerks and Guides to manage Polling Stations for the 2020 Municipal Election October 17, 2020 within the Municipality in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act.
Reporting to the Returning Officer:
- The Deputy Returning Officer or DRO oversees a particular polling station on election day, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act. Rate of pay is $175/day.
- The Poll Clerk keeps a written record of the voting at the polling station, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act. Rate of pay is $150/day.
- The Poll Guides will register voters as they enter polling stations; direct voters to appropriate poll for voting; enforce and maintain social distancing as required by Provincial and Municipal Health requirements, as it applies to COVID-19. Rate of pay is $150/day.
- Candidates must satisfy the requirements to vote in the 2020 Municipal Election in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act.
- Training will be provided.
- Experience is an asset.
Apply by September 1st, 2020 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 902-258-5012.
May 16, 2022
L'élection municipale spéciale du conseiller du district 2 aura lieu le samedi 4 juin 2022.…
May 16, 2022
The Special Municipal Election for District 2 Councillor will be held on Saturday, June 4th,…
May 9, 2022
Congratulations, Mary Anderson! The Inverness Pickleball Association is happy to nominate Mary Anderson as our…