Call for Municipal Election Support Workers
The Municipality of the County of Inverness seeks Deputy Returning Officers, Poll Clerks and Guides to manage Polling Stations for the 2020 Municipal Election October 17, 2020 within the Municipality in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act.
Reporting to the Returning Officer:
- The Deputy Returning Officer or DRO oversees a particular polling station on election day, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act. Rate of pay is $175/day.
- The Poll Clerk keeps a written record of the voting at the polling station, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act. Rate of pay is $150/day.
- The Poll Guides will register voters as they enter polling stations; direct voters to appropriate poll for voting; enforce and maintain social distancing as required by Provincial and Municipal Health requirements, as it applies to COVID-19. Rate of pay is $150/day.
- Candidates must satisfy the requirements to vote in the 2020 Municipal Election in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act.
- Training will be provided.
- Experience is an asset.
Apply by September 1st, 2020 by email at email@example.com. For more information, please call 902-258-5012.
January 8, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 8th, 2020 February Tax Sale to be by Tender Process PORT…
December 16, 2020
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that an amendment to: By-Law 30: Capital Cost of Sewer…
December 7, 2020
Cape Breton, N.S. – In partnership with Destination Cape Breton Association and Celtic Heart of…