Call for Municipal Election Support Workers
The Municipality of the County of Inverness seeks Deputy Returning Officers, Poll Clerks and Guides to manage Polling Stations for the 2020 Municipal Election October 17, 2020 within the Municipality in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act.
Reporting to the Returning Officer:
- The Deputy Returning Officer or DRO oversees a particular polling station on election day, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act. Rate of pay is $175/day.
- The Poll Clerk keeps a written record of the voting at the polling station, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act. Rate of pay is $150/day.
- The Poll Guides will register voters as they enter polling stations; direct voters to appropriate poll for voting; enforce and maintain social distancing as required by Provincial and Municipal Health requirements, as it applies to COVID-19. Rate of pay is $150/day.
- Candidates must satisfy the requirements to vote in the 2020 Municipal Election in accordance with the Nova Scotia Municipal Elections Act.
- Training will be provided.
- Experience is an asset.
Apply by September 1st, 2020 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 902-258-5012.
July 26, 2021
Congratulations, Semi Larade! The Lemoine Development Association is pleased to nominate Semi Larade as our…
July 19, 2021
Congratulations, Carolyn Janega! The Strait Richmond Palliative Care Society is happy to nominate Carolyn Janega…
July 12, 2021
Congratulations, Alice Gowans! North Mountain Cultural & Recreation Association is pleased to nominate Alice Gowans…