Council Congratulates Inverness County ECMA Nominees
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23, 2022
INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI – The Municipality of the County of Inverness Council would like to formally congratulate the East Coast Music Awards nominees from Canada’s Musical Coast. Nominees from Inverness County and We’koqma’q First Nation include:
- 2022 Event of the Year – Blueberry Jam (Mabou Ridge)
- 2022 Visual Artist of the Year – Sara Rankin (Mabou)
- 2022 Blues Recording of the Year – Jon Hines (Judique)
- 2022 Group Recording of the Year – The Town Heroes (Inverness/Mabou)
- 2022 Indigenous Artist of the Year – Morgan Toney and Shift From Tha 902 (We’koqma’q First Nation)
- 2022 Inspirational Recording of the Year – Morgan Toney
- 2022 Rising Star Recording of the Year – Morgan Toney
- 2022 Rock Recording of the Year – The Town Heroes
- 2022 Song of the Year – The Town Heroes
- 2022 Songwriter of the Year – The Town Heroes
- 2022 Fans’ Choice Entertainer of the Year – Jimmy Rankin (Mabou) and The Town Heroes
As well, some members of the Choeur Virtuel de l’Acadie (nominee for the 2022 Artist Innovator of the Year) reside in Chéticamp.
“Municipal Council and staff are very proud of the talented artists nominated for a 2022 East Coast Music Award, as well as all artists who contribute to the vibrant and creative culture of Canada’s Musical Coast,” said Warden Laurie Cranton.
Voting for the East Coast Music Awards Fans’ Choice is currently open. Vote at https://www.ecma.com/ecma-2022/fans-choice/.
May 18, 2022
Congratulations, Gerard AuCoin! The Cheticamp Kinsmen Club is pleased and honoured to nominate Kinsman Gerard…
May 16, 2022
L'élection municipale spéciale du conseiller du district 2 aura lieu le samedi 4 juin 2022.…
May 16, 2022
The Special Municipal Election for District 2 Councillor will be held on Saturday, June 4th,…