The Great Nova Scotia Pick-Me-Up
The Great Nova Scotia Pick-Me-Up is Nova Scotia’s largest volunteer-driven community clean-up program, promoting litter clean-ups across the province. The Municipality of the County of Inverness is providing gloves and garbages bags to volunteers who want to participate in this great initiative!
Litter is an eyesore, poses health risks, affects water quality, and is often mistaken as food by wildlife. And studies show that litter begets litter, meaning people tend to litter in areas where there is already garbage on the ground.
Join thousands of other Nova Scotians in making our province beautiful and healthy.
The clean-up coordinator will start by filling out the online registration form. They can make your clean-up public so anyone can join you, or keep it private so only your chosen team members can participate.
You will need to know the following information to complete your registration:
- Your organization or team name.
- The name, email and phone number for your clean-up coordinator.
- The location of your clean-up.
- The date of your clean-up.
- A description of how you plan to dispose of the collected garbage and recyclables after your clean-up.
- How you heard about the Great Nova Scotia Pick-Me-Up and whether you have previously participated in the program.
- Any other important information you think we should know.
Once registered, your coordinator will receive an approval email with instructions on how to pick up clean-up supplies within your waste region. Pick up locations for supplies and contact information can be found here. Following your registration, you may be contacted by an Adopt-A-Highway staff member with follow-up questions to help them facilitate your clean-up.
April 25, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 25th, 2019 INVERNESS COUNTY, N.S. – The National Day of Mourning,…
April 15, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 15th, 2019 PORT HOOD, N.S. – The Municipality of the County…
April 15, 2019
Due to the Easter holiday, there will be no garbage collection Friday, April 19th, 2019…