Inverary Manor: Courtyard Visit Guidelines
We have received much feedback about our “Court Yard” visits and appreciate your comments. We are very fortunate that the design and security features of Inverary Manor allow for the safe enjoyment of the outdoors for Residents, in this time of a world-wide pandemic. It also allows us to offer outdoor visits in a way that is consistent with Directives from the Office of The Chief Medical Officer for NS, including the requirements to adhere to social distancing guidelines and maintain the 5 person gathering rule.
Visitors do not actually come into our court yards (or enter our building). Family of our Residents are well acquainted with the property at Inverary Manor and understand that our Court Yards are gated. There is a barrier on the inside of each courtyard which creates a space of about 25 feet between the Resident (who will be inside the courtyard) and the visitor(s) who are outside the gate.
Courtyard visits will take place under the following guidelines:
- Visits must be pre-scheduled by contacting the individual “Villa” where a resident is living.
- No more than 2 visitors from a family household, per resident, per visit.
- Visits will be a maximum of 15-20 minutes
- Visitors are to come to the designated courtyard at the pre-scheduled time and stand outside the gate to see and talk with their loved one. A staff member will accompany your loved one to the courtyard and remain there during the visit.
- We ask families when they arrive on our premises to wait until after a visiting party has left the gated area before approaching the courtyard gate.
The safety and well being of our Residents are always at the forefront of our decisions. Inverary Manor continues to explore ways to address the companionship needs of our Residents and connection with their families. As the days are getting warmer, we look forward to the opportunity for our Residents to enjoy the outdoors and also connect with loved ones in a safe and responsible manner, always working within and adhering to the necessary directives of the Office of The Chief Medical Officer, Public Health.
July 26, 2021
Congratulations, Semi Larade! The Lemoine Development Association is pleased to nominate Semi Larade as our…
July 19, 2021
Congratulations, Carolyn Janega! The Strait Richmond Palliative Care Society is happy to nominate Carolyn Janega…
July 12, 2021
Congratulations, Alice Gowans! North Mountain Cultural & Recreation Association is pleased to nominate Alice Gowans…