Municipality of the County of Inverness Enacts Pandemic Response Plan
INVERNESS COUNTY, N.S. – Municipality of the County of Inverness Council continues to take significant steps to address the COVID-19 outbreak. To this end, Council has enacted the Municipality of the County of Inverness Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Plan. The plan will now guide Council and staff in the continued safe operation of local municipal government services and the ongoing health and safety of staff, local business, community organizations and residents.
Key elements of the plan include, but aren’t limited to:
- The Port Hood Administrative Building and the Infrastructure & Emergency Services Facility are now closed to the public.
- The Kenloch Transfer Station will be closed to the public as of Wednesday, March 25th.
- All recreation and cultural programs offered through the Municipality will be cancelled and rescheduled, if possible.
- Foyer Père Fiset, Inverary Manor, Port Hood Small Options and Koster Huis are closed to visitors.
- All ‘Non-Essential’ municipal government meetings are cancelled, and staff will be working from home when possible.
“We’re continuing to work closely with provincial and local public health officials,” said Warden Betty Ann MacQuarrie. “Our priority is to keep local government, including Inverness County Homes Corporation operations, functioning in a safe and responsible manner. The enactment of the Pandemic Plan will guide our decisions as we go forward.”
Inverness County residents can find the most accurate and current Nova Scotia Provincial Government COVID-19 information www.novascotia.ca/coronavirus. Residents should follow hygiene and social distancing guidelines as outlined by the Nova Scotia Health Authority including:
- Stay home unless you absolutely must go out for supplies.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and don’t touch your face.
- Stay 6 feet or 2 metres away from others, wherever possible.
Residents and media are encouraged to contact CAO Keith MacDonald at 902-258-5999 for further information and clarification about the Pandemic Plan.
October 18, 2021
Congratulations, Delphin Muise! The Margaree Salmon Museum is pleased to nominate Delphin Muise as their…
October 18, 2021
NOTICE OF SECOND READING Proposed Adoption of By-Law for the Municipality of the County of…
October 14, 2021
The Municipality of the County of Inverness is seeking one (1) member of the public…