Neptune Water Meter Installation Precautionary Measures
The Inverness County Water Utility is pleased to announce Phase Two of the Neptune Water Meter Project will begin May 25th, 2020. If you have not yet had a new water meter installed at your property, you can now book your appointment by calling 902-787-2274. Appointments are available from Monday, May 25th to Saturday May 30th between 8:00am and 8:00pm and residents are asked to book as soon as possible while there is still availability.
Neptune and the Municipality of the County of Inverness have taken several steps to ensure the health of safety of both residents and staff during this process. These steps include checking technicians’ temperatures every four hours during the workday, stringent sanitization routines for equipment, and more. For a full list of how Neptune is working to keep property owners/occupants safe, please see below or download the document here.
At Neptune, the safety and well-being of both the property owner/occupant and our technicians are always our top priority. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are taking precautionary measures to aid in keeping our communities safe. As part of the essential service of providing safe and clean drinking water to our utilities’ customers, we are committed to implementing best practices to help prevent the spread of disease while ensuring a high level of customer service.
To help with prevention, we are taking the following precautionary measures to protect both the property owner/occupant and our technicians:
- Neptune technicians will check their temperature at the start of each day before they are approved to begin work and every 4 hours thereafter. Any technician that shows any signs of illness/symptoms will be asked to stay home and self-isolate.
- Neptune technicians will maintain a minimum of 6-feet separation from residents when entering and exiting the home.
- Neptune technicians will ask owner/occupants to open all doors and/or panels in route to the water meter wherever possible.
- Neptune technicians will ask owner/occupants to remove any objects surrounding the water meter.
- Neptune technicians will wash their hands before and after each job. This will be done with a soap and water solution or using an alcohol-based sanitizer that is greater than 60% alcohol.
- At an owner/occupant’s request and where required by the Utility, Neptune technicians will wear a mask and gloves. When used, the appropriate protocols will be used to properly don and doff the mask.
- Neptune technicians will sanitize personal protective equipment and tools after each use.
- We have altered our practices so that an owner/occupant is no longer required to provide a signature before work starts or after the work is complete. Alternatively, Neptune will ask you to take a thumbs up picture of an addressed envelope to confirm your address and satisfaction with the completed work.
- Neptune technicians will leave our emergency number at the meter should you have any questions or concerns after the installation.
- We ask that anyone with any signs or symptoms of illness notify Neptune prior to the technician’s arrival and reschedule the appointment for a later date.
We thank you for your patience and appreciate your understanding during this challenging situation. Should you have any questions or concerns prior to booking your appointment, please feel free to call 1-800-667-4387.
May 16, 2022
L'élection municipale spéciale du conseiller du district 2 aura lieu le samedi 4 juin 2022.…
May 16, 2022
The Special Municipal Election for District 2 Councillor will be held on Saturday, June 4th,…
May 9, 2022
Congratulations, Mary Anderson! The Inverness Pickleball Association is happy to nominate Mary Anderson as our…