VOLUNTEER OPPORTUINTY: Accessibility Advisory Committee
The object of the Accessibility Advisory Committee is to provide advice to Council on identifying, preventing, and eliminating accessibility Barriers to people with Disabilities in municipal programs, services, initiatives, and facilities. The Accessibility Advisory Committee plays a pivotal role in helping the Municipality become an accessible community and meet its obligations under the Accessibility Act.
- One (1) member of the public must be appointed to the Accessibility Advisory Committee, for a term of three (3) years;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Inverness for at least the last six (6) months before making an application and must continue to be a resident of the Municipality throughout the term of the appointment;
- Must not be ineligible for an appointment pursuant to the Municipality’s Public Appointment Policy;
- All members of the Accessibility Advisory Committee shall serve without pay; and
- The Accessibility Advisory Committee must meet at least six (6) times per year, or otherwise as needed to fulfill its duties.
To see the complete Accessibility Advisory Committee Policy and the Public Appointment Policy, please visit: https://invernesscounty.ca/government/policies-a-z/
To apply, visit: https://invernesscounty.ca/eservices/forms-a-z/
November 1, 2022
Municipality Launches Clean Energy Financing Program INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI –The Municipality of the County of…
September 23, 2022
September 16, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 16, 2022 Municipal Offices Closed Monday September 19 INVERNESS COUNTY, UNAMA’KI…